At All Saints Upton, we use DT sessions to prepare children for a rapidly changing and increasingly technological world. The children at our school develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of designing and making products to solve real and relevant problems, considering their own needs, wants and values and those of others. They are also given opportunities to explore past and present design and technology, considering their uses, assessing their effectiveness and becoming great innovators.
Our aims for Design and Technology are:
- To develop children’s designing and making skills;
- To teach children to select appropriate tools and materials and use these safely and effectively;
- To develop imaginative thinking where children are able to talk about products that they like and dislike when making and designing and suggest potential improvements;
- To encourage children to discuss how things work, and to draw and model their ideas;
- To use ICT software to assist the designing process.
Please take a look at some of the samples of our art and DT work from each year group. We are very proud of our masterpieces!
You can also view the subject progression grids, which show the skills being covered in DT within each year group.