Free School Meals
Free School Meals Application
Free School Meals
Whilst all children in Reception Class, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal entitlement, parents/carers are strongly encouraged to also complete a free school meal application form as each child eligible for a Free School Meal based upon parent/carer income attracts a “Pupil Premium” for the School which is provided by Central Government and equates to a cash amount for your child’s School. This is then used to support children’s education through the provision of additional teachers, Teaching Assistant support and resources at the School.
If you have any queries, please contact the School Office. The office staff will be happy to discuss Pupil Premium with you and can help you complete an application form for Free School Meals.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
When you complete a Housing/Council Tax Benefit form, and meet the correct eligibility criteria, this automatically entitles your child(ren) to free school meals. Schools will be directly advised of this eligibility and your child(ren) will remain eligible for the period you are in receipt of the qualifying benefit.
For a small number of parents in receipt of Child Tax Credit, they will be required to complete a free school meal application form.
Please download the form and apply if you think, your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, even if they usually have a Packed Lunch.